I LOVE case studies and success stories of how a group of teachers, parents and/or community leaders not only get it but GOT it done!
Check out how this Arrowhead High School Green Group structured their successful group almost completely ONLINE (how green) and made it work. Way to GO Arrowhead.
Although we still meet as a class at least once a week, all of the materials students need are online: we discuss and edit papers online, we talk about problems and solutions online, we read articles online, we take notes online, we watch videos online and we hold discussions online.
Within this form, students demonstrated learning and growth when they were able to:
• Set and have a goal they can reach (that makes sense to them)
• Be internally motivated
• Be positively challenged
• Be useful in the learning process
• Be given a chance to practice what they’ve learned
• Produce quality work they’re proud of
• See the outcomes of their learning
• Do something
• Complete enjoyable assignments
• Take charge of their learning
• Become competent in the subject
• Be partners with the teachers in their own learning
• Evaluate their own learning and
• GO GREEN!