Mayor Emanuel Jump starts the Electric Vehicle Industry
Last week, Mayor Emanuel joined city, state and federal leaders to make a number of important announcements with respect to electric vehicles and batteries: a $15 million incentive program to encourage the adoption of electric trucks; Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Corp. opening an electric-vehicle factory in Chicago; a new procurement program that will encourage city contractors to purchase electric vehicles; and a dramatic expansion of the city’s commitment to building an energy-efficient fleet. The week was capped off with the announcement of a historic partnership and a $120 million investment in Argonne National Laboratory that will turn Chicago into a world-renowned battery hub.
These five initiatives fit into one broad strategy that addresses every aspect of electronic vehicles, from their conception and design to their construction to, ultimately, their presence on our streets. In line with Goals #11 and 12 of the Mayor’s roadmap, Sustainable Chicago 2015, this strategy will lead to Chicago becoming the electric-vehicle epicenter for Illinois, the Midwest and beyond.
Tag CloudAffordable Housing appliances Build building Carbon Footprint Chicago chicago green schools children Community design ecological footprint electric energy environment epa geo-thermal global Grants green green building green building energy efficiency green building preparation and development Green Elementary green energy Green Gadgets Green Grid green homes green housing green it green school Green Thumb Health healthy healthy affordable housing healthy design and build healthy home initiative healthy home owner education healthy homes healthy homes chicago healthy offices healthy schools Home home energy rating system (HERS) green building homes homes.healthy housing how to go green Innovation International Green lead materials methods net zero performance prefab products ratings Recycle Resources safety School - College School - High Schools Smart Building Smart Buildings solar Steve Glenn sustainability sustainable sustainable architecture sustainable design sustainable home maintenance Technology united states green schools Vendor
- Ben Carson: We know how to end homelessness and housing shortages usat.ly/2Au23DG via @usatoday 1 day ago
- John Chiang pitches billions in new low-income housing spending and homebuilding incentives #affordablehousing… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Solar power plus batteries could topple 10GW of US natural gas peaker plants sco.lt/5lGKTR https://t.co/Ru5mX2MGi9 2 days ago
- This report needs to be retweeted to every politician in the US. Sadly this is America today. Can you imagine what… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- ‘World’s First’ Solar-Powered train to begin operation in Australia sco.lt/9MF5MH https://t.co/7saycPKjSP 2 days ago
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31